Prosperous online business choice
Prosperous online business choice for all education professionals: teachers, coaches, tutors, advisors
subtitle: “What online business to decide?”
A self-help book for all educators: teachers, tutors, trainers, lecturers, coaches, consultants, advisors etc.
“How to stand out in the jungle of educators”
This ebook will help you decide which way in your business to go, what to choose even if it was a one-off enterprise:
- Definition of the online business.
- Benefits of the online business for the educators.
- Strategy of the online business.
- How to sell the knowledge online? –Types of electronic products (services).
- Video lectures, Audio podcasts, Online classes, E-books, Paid newsletters.
For last two decades online business has progressively grown worldwide. Nowadays, the role of strategic business development is to acquire ideal clients for the highest priority services using brand promises that you can deliver upon. This trend is also clearly visible in the widely understood education industry where teachers, tutors, lecturers, coaches, consultants and advisors are able to move their activities online. A good strategy, well implemented, can drive high levels of growth and profitability based on the delivered knowledge.
Definition of the online business
Online business is any kind of business activity that happens over the Internet. Online business It takes place between a countless number of market participants: businesses and individuals. An online education business is a>the type of business where knowledge and learning e-products are sold
Running an online business for educators can include: buying and selling online electronic products such as online courses, e-books, videos, podcasts etc. and providing an online service but not only. Educators may bundle them into various packages as well. But any produce with no good plan will barely sell.
Benefits of the online business for all educators.
Some of the major advantages of online business for all types of educators include:
- individual focus on students,
- ease of connecting with students,
- increased engagement in classes
- or organized methods for checking and grading assignments. By using different e-Learning tools offered by the e-Learning platforms, assignments and projects can be organized and stored on the server.
Online teaching promotes a flexible schedule culture and eliminates traveling.
Online teaching can be conducted from any place in the world where the Internet connection exists.
The online educators are the bosses of their working environment and can choose their own fields of expertise.
The online education products show the knowledge and increase credibility in the business niche.
A digital ecosystem built around the online education business can be scaled fast.
Here are some e-tools that educators can consider for their online business:
- developing high-quality educational content that will provide value to audience. This can included in blog posts, e-books, webinars, online courses, and more.
- choosing the right platform to host the educational content: This could be a business owner’s dedicated website, social media platforms, or third-party online learning platforms.
- building the email list of students and prospects who are interested in the offered services and products. This will allow to market the products and services directly to them.
- offering free content to the audience to present the brand, to build credibility and to encourage the potential students to subscribe to the extended content. This could be through a free e-book, a webinar, mini-courses or a series of blog posts.
- creating paid products such as online courses, coaching services, or membership sites. These e-products should offer more value than the free content and provide a more in-depth learning experience for audience.
All electronic products and services can be bundled in the scalable subscription scheme.
- marketing the business through social media advertising, influencer marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), and other marketing strategies.
- identifing a niche of expertise and focus on it. This could be anything from teaching a specific subject to providing coaching services for students.
Many students need personalized guidance and additional support to excel. The offer can include one-to-one coaching or consulting services to help students achieve their learning goals.
- Collaborating with other educators within the niche of expertise to share the experience, to learn from each other, to support the creativity.
- Providing excellent customer service to the students to build a loyal customer base and positive word-of-mouth referrals.
- Continuously improving and optimizing the courses, services, and content to meet the evolving needs of students and stay ahead of the competition.
- Building brand awareness: The brand along with its mission, values and offer that distinguishes it from the competition must reach the target audience. It is important to know what exactly the target market and its demographics are. It will enable you to develop a strong customer base, in form of a mailing list, and to determine the best way to find new students, particularly if this is a niche knowledge.
The example of promoting the teaching business is publishing a free informational content on YouTube, a blog, or any other social media, in the groups relevant to the subject of teaching. It is beneficial to be active on the online specialists groups where people are looking for a help and a source of knowledge. The consequence of having a group of students that engage with each other is building a community for them. An online community is a central spot where the students can find additional resources, receive premium content, ask questions and connect with other learners. Having a consistent touch point helps learners to get more out of their lessons and builds loyalty.
Diversifying income – various digital products on the offer will bring more students that can choose the most suitable way of learning. The range of products may include video conference courses, self – paced courses, e-books, study guides, flashcards, notes sheets, practice worksheets, podcasts, tutorials, templates, video lectures etc. Some of the products may generate an income by offering it to other educators. Instead of charging students the educators can find sponsors interested in the subject taught, however it’s usually linked with promoting sponsor’s activities or products.
Starting an educational online business, by any kind of an educator, has plenty of advantages.
Main benefits are making money and creating brand awareness and customer engagement. Knowledge can be delivered to students regardless of geographical location (or other limitations) and within highly flexible schedule. That makes it very attractive, particularly for the people with fast-paced life style.
Some potentially negative aspects of online business for educators may include:
-relying on the Internet connection, quality while synchronous delivery,
-different time zones and difficulties to find new students.
The online teaching business can start as carefully planned activity or, otherwise, can grow from a hobbistic knowledge sharing online in the form of blog or a vlog. However, with the right planning, strategy, and care, the business can become a success that provides long-term sustainability and financial rewards for its owner.